November 23, 2008

NBA, Burritos and Driving

Sounds like a bad combination, doesn't it?

Friday was more laziness...drinking coffee and reading. Brian and I did go to a very nice restaurant at the Hilton on the beach and sat at the bar. We shared an appetizer and had a few drinks and just chatted. It was wonderful, as was the drink I had. I don't remember what it was called, but it was vodka muddled with orange, lime and lemon wedges. Yum!

We slept in on Saturday and then headed down to visit Brian's brother. We saw the new James Bond movie, ate burritos at Qdoba, and then took in our first NBA game (only NFL to cross off the list of major sporting events!). The movie was all right, but the plot was almost too predictable - I like a little twist in my spy movies. The thing that bothered me is that it seemed like there was a large birthday party of 10-year olds at the movie. I'm not sure I'd take Squiggles to see a movie like that at that age, but I know I can be a bit of a fuddy-duddy sometimes. However, Brian agreed with me, saying something along the lines of, "We're going to raise our son better than that." Thank goodness. At what age would you think it's acceptable to take a child to see an action movie like James Bond?

The rest of the weekend was fun but uneventful: football, video games, and a fantastic cheese steak. We've arrived at The Reservation, reunited with our Squiggles, who greeted us with a hearty "DADA!". Everyone he recognizes is "dada", even me, except when he's upset - then he finds the ability to wail "maaMAAAAA!". Funny little guy. I think he's gotten taller.

No comments: