November 12, 2007

No Nap Nick

That's what I call Squiggles when, uh, he doesn't want to take a nap. Yeah, I'm not the most creative person.


As I mentioned earlier, we're working on dropping a feeding (5 down to 4) and a nap (3 short to 2 long). I think he's got the feeding thing down, and I must admit I feel like less of a milking cow when he eats every 4-5 hours. The nap schedule, however, is still in flux. At the middle of last week, he really seemed ready for two naps. But by the end of the week and into the weekend, he wasn't doing so well. Maybe an hour, hour and a half in the morning, which led to a short 30 minute snooze somewhere in the afternoon, and then maybe another hour in the late afternoon/early evening. Maybe.

Today, he took an hour and a half nap in the morning, then a 30 minute nap in the late afternoon. That was it. Needless to say, he was beyond tired by about 7:15pm. We managed to drag it out for another half hour with singing, dancing, and a bath, and finally put him down around 8:15. I hope he doesn't wake up at 6am!

No comments: